We hope the following information is a good start. If your questions aren’t completely answered, call your local Right at Home office. We’d be glad to speak with you about your specific family situation.
- Are your CareGivers insured and checked?
- Yes. Every CareGiver is a Right at Home employee. To help ensure the safety and well being of our clients, we perform a criminal history background clearance and then cover each CareGiver with general liability and workers’ compensation insurance.
- Will I have a choice of who comes to my home?
- Yes. We encourage your involvement in the decision-making process. And with our proprietary screening and selection system, you can rest assured that we do our best to take the guesswork out of matching the right CareGiver to you and your family. However, you must be satisfied. We’ll never send a CareGiver who doesn’t meet your needs, and we’ll always accommodate any requests you may have for a change in CareGivers.
- Will my family member always receive care from the same CareGiver?
- Our goal is to establish a long-term relationship with your loved one. Should your family want to request another CareGiver for any reason, we’ll search for a match until your family is happy. We understand that a strong rapport and trust with a CareGiver is vital to a successful home care experience. If your loved one receives care for many hours in a day or at different times of the day throughout the week, it may be necessary to schedule more than one CareGiver in a given week. If your family requires multiple CareGivers, our goal is the same: we want you to be satisfied and happy. We’ll do what it takes to make sure we achieve that goal.
- Can Right at Home help with medications?
- Some Right at Home locations can administer medications. Check with your local Right at Home office on the services they can provide to your loved one. Regardless of whether a local office can administer medicine, they can always assist in reminding individuals to take their medications. In fact, medication reminders are one of our most requested services. We can also report any side effects and assist with pre-measured medication packages.
- Can I change or discontinue the services my loved one receives?
- You can change the number or type of service we provide your loved one whenever it’s necessary. We understand the care situation can quickly change, so we’re as flexible as possible with your loved one’s care. Plus, you’re never bound to a long-term contract, so you can discontinue your relationship with Right at Home at your discretion.
- How can I verify a shift was completed?
- CareGivers and clients complete time sheets which are filled out and signed at the end of each visit. Our CareGivers also write up detailed notes that are kept in the client’s home, so you have a written record of the services that have been provided on each visit, as well as the time of the CareGivers arrival and departure. Also, our itemised invoices are always sent after services are completed. This lets you ask any questions about time or date of care, and it allows us to make any schedule adjustments before your invoice is sent.
- Do I need a doctor’s authorisation for your services?
- No. You choose the services you want, when to start those services and how often those services are used. If you request assistance with billing a private insurance policy (such as long-term care insurance) for our services, we’re happy to help with the entire “benefits coordination” process. This includes providing any documentation you need for reimbursement by an insurance carrier.
- What are the costs of your services?
- Every family we serve receives a Personal Care Plan specific to their needs and budget. Several factors help determine the exact cost:
- Number of hours of care per week
- Level of home care services received (non-medical, personal care, etc.)
- Area of the country where services are provided
Our services are typically billed on an hourly basis. To discuss the exact rates for the services you may need, contact our office. We’ll set up an in-home consultation to begin discussing a Personal Care Plan and the rates for each service on your plan.
We always provide a written rate sheet prior to initiating services. Rates will never be increased without at least thirty days notice.
- Are home care services covered by insurance or NHS Social Services?
- There is no straightforward answer to this question, although we are happy to help you to find out. Social Services will pay for certain things depending on the level of your need, coupled with an analysis of your financial circumstances. In addition, we are happy to work with other methods that your local Social Services department might use, such as Direct Payments or a Personalised Budget. Please call our office and we will gladly assist you with your funding options.
- Do I pay the CareGiver directly?
- No. You (or an authorised representative) are only invoiced after the completion of services. Usually, this happens weekly. You never have to pay CareGivers directly. And you’ll never be asked to pay an additional fee to any employee.
- How is the privacy of my personal information maintained?
- Your information is never sold to a third party under any circumstances. In fact, only the office personnel and CareGivers who are directly involved in your services will have access to information related to the care of your loved one.
- Right at Home seems like a good choice. What’s the next step?
- Contact our friendly team. We’ll arrange a time to visit you, your family and/or any authorised representative to fully discuss your particular situation and how Right at Home might help. Together, we’ll go over the care your family needs and the care we provide. We’ll answer all of your questions regarding services and costs. Then, we’ll begin putting together your Personal Care Plan and matching your loved one with the right CareGiver. We pride ourselves on being able to respond to urgent care needs with speed, but without compromising on standards.
My carers are always polite, helpful and punctual. I would recommend Right at Home to potential clients who require or may require friendly and competent carers. Right at Home runs smoothly and efficiently.