If you decide on home care, there are several questions you should ask to ensure that your loved one will stay safe, healthy and happy:
- 1. What happens if our CareGiver becomes ill or are otherwise unavailable? What are the alternate arrangements?
- At Right at Home we will introduce at least two CareGivers from the onset. To ensure your loved one has adequate cover, there would always be an alternative CareGiver on standby.
- 2. How do we pay for our CareGivers?
- All our CareGivers are employed directly by Right at Home. You would receive an invoice for your care which can be paid by a variety of methods.
- 3. Can you verify that our CareGivers are legally able to work in the United Kingdom?
- Yes we can. At Right at Home, we carry out identity checks on all staff.
- 4. If our CareGiver is injured at a client’s residence, who is responsible? (Many homeowner’s insurance policies exclude injuries to “domestic employees.”)
- Right at Home CareGivers are fully insured for personal injury and damages.
- 5. Do you perform criminal background checks? Do you check CareGivers’ references from prior work history?
- All Right at Home staff undergo enhanced criminal background checks and must provide at least two references, one from their last employer.
- 6. How do you document that your services were indeed completed?
- All Right at Home CareGivers complete daily records that are kept in the client’s house, and deliver signed time sheets to the office.
My carers are always polite, helpful and punctual. I would recommend Right at Home to potential clients who require or may require friendly and competent carers. Right at Home runs smoothly and efficiently.