Signs your loved one’s needs are changing
It can often be hard to tell when ageing is affecting a family member. If you notice certain changes in your loved one, it might be time to consider outside help.
These changes may include:
- Changes in relationships with family and friends.
- Withdrawal from social interactions.
- Unusual behavior, such as increased agitation, speaking loudly or little talking at all.
- Neglecting personal care, such as hygiene or nutrition.
- Lack of engagement with the rituals of daily living, unopened letters, unwashed laundry and dirty dishes.
- Mismanagement of finances, such as unpaid bills or unusual purchases.
Right at Home can offer advice and support for any change in circumstances. Find out about the quality care services we provide here.
Right at Home are the care providers for my father, they have looked after him for the last 3 years, he is now 90 years old. The care provided is of a very high standard and enables him to still live in his own home. from my own viewpoint they treat him with kindness and respect and always keep me informed as to any concerns about his health and well-being. They know him as an individual so know if there are any changes in his health that need to be addressed this gives me peace of mind. the carers themselves always go that extra mile for him singing happy birthday and bringing him a cake on his birthday they are special. I am grateful for the kindness and care that my dad receives.
N.R, Daughter of Right at Home Client
Reviewed on 4 January 2017