At Right at Home Borehamwood & Watford, we understand the importance of giving loved ones undivided attention as often as possible, to let them know that they are loved and valued. We have put together some useful one-to-one and/or group activities to make the most of the time you spend together.
Being confined to bed due to illness, disability or age; whether short-term or permanent; isn’t a good experience for anybody. It’s easy to become prone to mood swings due to reduced mental stimulation and less frequent social contact with others.
- Listen to a song from your loved ones youth and ask them questions about where they grew up/their family/what they enjoyed at school/their favourite childhood memory
- Enjoy puzzles together
- Play card games
- Complete a word search together
- Bring round a pet or young relative (if the person enjoys spending time with animals and children)
- Show your loved one how to use technology to keep in touch with friends and family; Facebook, Whatsapp, FaceTime and Skype can all be great for maintaining contact
- If your loved one uses a wheelchair and they would like to get out, offer to go for a walk together, or to watch the birds in the garden
- Try some upper body exercises
- Style their hair and/or do their makeup
- Make paper aeroplanes together
Can you think of anything that could be added to this list? Please get in touch.
If you and your loved one are considering companionship or other home care support please do not hesitate to contact Right at Home Borehamwood, covering Elstree, Radlett, Bushey and Watford via 020 8387 1477 or [email protected]