Purpose of the position
To provide personal, practical, social and emotional support to people in their own homes, in a way that respects the dignity of the individual and promotes independence. The services provided by our Home Support Workers is that which would normally be undertaken by a caring relative and must not include tasks which would normally be undertaken by a qualified nurse.
The ideal candidate for this role will already have experience as working as a Carer or Home Support Worker role. We will also consider candidates with no experience as full training is provided.
Our Home Support Workers much be very well presented and have excellent verbal communication skills. They should have an aptitude for care and must be willing to work one in three weekends when required and help to cover other Home Support Workers absence when necessary.
In return for your commitment to Right at Home, you can expect the opportunity to support on building a high quality home care business from the beginning; excellent pay rates; a personal development plan with learning and training opportunities; full support from the Business Owner & Registered Manager; and amazing job satisfaction by improving the lives of others.
Enhanced DBS check is a requirement of the role.
Our clients live in Pimlico and immediate areas. We offer support and companionship, personal care, physical assistance, well-being, specialist care and dementia on an hourly and live in basis.
As a Right at Home Support Worker you should ideally live within the local area. You must legally be over 18 years of age to work as a Support Worker and must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Home Support Worker, benefits of this role
– We pay really well – we also include 28 days holiday, pension plan, medical plan, travel expenses and travel time paid where required
– There’s always time to talk – we offer minimum one hour calls and allow realistic travel times
– You choose your hours – we agree a schedule that suits your lifestyle
– We’re close to home – your clients will be local to you
– We invest in you – with us you will gain the only City & Guilds accredited Care Certificate in the country
– You’ll always feel supported – with one-to-one mentoring, ongoing training and help at the end of a phone, you’re not alone.
Call us now on 020 3441 4160
Our starting rate per hour for a Home Support Worker is £10.25 rising to £10.70 after six months probation. We also pay a weekend allowance and time and a half or double time for public holidays.
Candidates must be willing to work with LGBT+ clients in a positive and non-discriminatory manner.
Full Time, Part Time