Signs your loved one’s needs are changing
It can often be hard to tell when ageing is affecting a family member. If you notice certain changes in your loved one, it might be time to consider outside help.
These may include:
- Changes in relationships with family and friends.
- Withdrawal from social interactions.
- Unusual behaviour, such as increased agitation, speaking loudly or little talking at all.
- Neglecting personal care, such as hygiene or nutrition.
- Lack of engagement with the rituals of daily living, unopened letters, unwashed laundry and dirty dishes.
- Mismanagement of finances, such as unpaid bills or unusual purchases.
The Right at Home team in Derby can offer advice and support for any change in circumstances.
Excellent friendly company kept the same carer as much as possible for my mum which helps her.