Some individuals with Learning Disabilities may only need support around the home a few hours each week, whilst others need more complex support every day or 24-hour care, we work with the individual to develop a plan specifically for them. We may work with individuals with Learning Disabilities such as, Autism, Sensory Disabilities, Prader-Willi Syndrome and Epilepsy.
We work with individuals and their families to develop what type of support suits their needs. We help individuals to be involved in their communities and to be offered the same opportunities as others, to assist with this we work with them and their families; we also may work with other agencies and Social Services.
The support we offer in the home includes:
- Personal care; washing, dressing, personal grooming
- Medication management or support
- Companionship; a regular individual visiting to provide social interactions and conversations
How we offer support in the home;
- Individuals have the choice and control at all time
- We support individuals to stay safe and healthy
Support plans are often reviewed to assess any change in needs.
Excellent friendly company kept the same carer as much as possible for my mum which helps her.