Benefits of Live In Care
The “live-in” model of care at East Lancashire is highly valued for the independence, flexibility and control that it offers the people who use our services. Live-in care can take a number of forms but in essence, the CareGiver takes up residence in your own home for an agreed period.
It allows you to have a large degree of choice and control over your life within your own home. The provision of care, work tasks and durations are agreed in advance. The need for support and assistance will vary from person to person, and often includes tasks that take just a few minutes at any one time.
When not conducting any care, or work related tasks, your CareGiver is entitled to rest, to sleep and to engage in other normal activities within their own life.
In addition to flexibility of agreed work, you will benefit from reassurance that there is another person in the house who will be able to assist you in case of unforeseen need or emergency. This reassurance is often a key factor in giving you the confidence to live in your own home, rather than the need to move into a residential care setting.
A key benefit of Live In Care is the increased capacity to be flexible over activities. It is also a more responsive service compared to those commissioned on a routine, pre-planned basis.
What will the process be?
- From your initial enquiry, the Registered Manager from the Right at Home
office will come out to visit you in your own home and conduct a full, no obligation free assessment of needs
- We shall establish what the Daily Average Agreement will be and explain in detail what this means to you
- The Care Plan and Live in Contract will be drawn up at the Right at Home East Lancashire office. The Registered Manager will arrange to come back out and meet with you to discuss these and to ensure that you are happy with them
- Where possible we will endeavor to introduce the CareGiver to you in advance of the care commencing. Where this is not possible, you will be given a pen picture of this person. We take great effort in carefully matching our CareGivers with our clients, please do let us know if you have any issues with your CareGiver
- There will be a care file left within your home, and the CareGiver will write in this on a daily and ongoing basis. You and your family are welcome to view this file at any time
- We will visit you on a weekly basis. If your family wish to have more frequent contact from the office, we can do this also. It can be either face to face, by telephone, Skype or via email
- If at any point you or your family have any concerns, we will always look to address and resolve these as soon as possible
Deciding on Live In Care – What’s next?
We fully understand that deciding on Live In Care is a huge decision to undertake. That’s why we offer advice and support from the start of your journey to answer any questions you may have.
Please contact us at our East Lancashire office on 01254 658899