If you decide on home care, there are several questions you should ask to ensure that your loved one will stay safe, healthy and happy:
- 1. What happens if our CareGiver becomes ill or are otherwise unavailable? What are the alternate arrangements?
- At Right at Home in Harrow we will introduce at least two CareGivers early on, and take alternative contact information in case you are unavailable for any reason. Likewise we will give you an emergency number to contact should you need to reach us out of office hours.
- 2. Does the agency pay tax and National Insurance contributions relating to our CareGivers, so that our family is not legally responsible?
- All our CareGivers are employed directly by Right at Home Harrow, so we pay their tax and National Insurance contributions. You pay only for the care we provide.
- 3. Can you verify that our CareGivers are legally able to work in the United Kingdom?
- Yes we can. At Right at Home, we carry out identity checks on all staff.
- 4. If our CareGiver is injured at a client’s residence, who is responsible? (Many homeowner’s insurance policies exclude injuries to “domestic employees.”)
- Right at Home CareGivers are fully insured for personal injury and damages.
- 5. Do you perform criminal background checks? Do you check CareGivers’ references from prior work history?
- All Right at Home staff undergo enhanced criminal background checks and must provide at least two references, one from their last employer.
- 6. How do you document that your services were indeed completed?
- All Right at Home CareGivers complete daily records that are kept in the client’s house, and deliver signed time sheets to the office.
Very efficient company, caring, kind and friendly staff that go out of their way to be of help and always on hand to give advice. Arrival on time keeping is excellent. Thoroughly reliable in my opinion.