In support of Dementia Awareness Week Right at Home Head Office have become Dementia Friends.
Ben Selby our Head of Quality and Compliance, who is a trained Dementia Champion, volunteered to provide training supported by the Alzheimer’s Society.
The hour long session provides an insight into the struggles that people living with dementia have to overcome and allows you to learn a little bit more about living with the disease.
‘I feel that with this training we are able to better understand our clients’ Kim Hobson, Group Marketing Manager.
Once the session is complete you are given the time to turn your understanding of dementia into a practical action. You don’t have to commit a lot of time but every action counts. Recommended Dementia Friends actions could include:
- Getting in touch and staying in touch with someone you know living with dementia
- Volunteering for an organisation that helps people with dementia
- Campaigning for change, by signing up to Alzheimer’s Society’s campaigns to improve the lives of people with dementia
- Wearing your badge and telling 5 friends about the Dementia Friends initiative
- Carrying out a personal action e.g. Be more patient when out in my community
If you would like to become a Dementia Friend please visit www.dementiafriends.org.uk and if you would like further information on how we can support you or your family member please visit www.rightathomeuk.co.uk.