Light housekeeping and meal preparation can become frustrating tasks to those affected by ageing. Right at Home Reading and Wokingham District provides assistance for numerous daily activities, as well as basic peace-of-mind services. But more than that, we never underestimate the power of conversation and companionship especially for people living alone. And while we have the name “Right at Home”, we are also very keen to help our clients get OUT of their homes and continue their chosen social activities – from swimming to singing, or bowls and bridge to bingo!
How can we help?
Our highly-personalised care packages range from an hour-long visit as-and-when needed, perhaps to provide companionship or support with routine daily tasks, through to complex specialist care needs. Longer calls can also be arranged to make time to support our clients during their weekly grocery shop or a trip to the garden centre, help with continuing hobbies and activities, transport to appointments with the hairdresser or doctors appointment, or just a stroll to the local coffee shop for a breath of fresh air and a chat with friends.
Our services include:
- Frequent companionship and conversation.
- Everyday tasks such as getting up and being prepared for the day, shopping, cooking and cleaning
- Support during social activities and trips out
- Help with shopping and errands
- Mental stimulation
- Home Security checks
- Meal preparation
- Light housekeeping
- Laundry services
- Respite for family CareGivers – giving those loved ones a chance to take a break and enjoy some “me-time” of their own, confident that everything is safe and under control at home.
On other pages of our website you will find more on services such as
- Recovery from hospitalisation – help with Hospital to Home
- Live-in Care when individuals wish to remain in the familiar surrounding of their own home but require support to do so
- Support for Family members, or other CareGivers, who need to be relieved due to holidays or other respite needs
- Support for those living with long-term medical conditions or who require physical assistance