We pride ourselves on exceeding client expectations and we deliver personalised, outstanding care on each and every visit.
We look to recruit the best staff to deliver excellent care
Above average salaries, generous financial incentives to progress and increased rates of pay after 12 months
Guaranteed Hours Contracts
Job security and guaranteed hours contracts
Great opportunities to progress through accredited training and increased rates of pay
Full and part-time roles available in your local community
We achieved the north east Top 10 Award for both 2015 & 2016 and make a real difference to our clients’ lives
As a valued Carer you are the face of Right at Home Tyneside and the vital link in supporting vulnerable adults in the community. You really can make a difference to the people you support by delivering high quality care and going that extra mile for your Clients.
Our Promise to our Care Assistants
- Inclusive – As part of the Right at Home Tyneside family you’ll work with us to improve the quality of life of our clients and exceed their expectations, achieving job satisfaction and sustainable employment by making a difference every day to those you support.
- Recruitment and Training – We aim to employ high quality, passionate Care Assistants, to ensure only the right people join our team. All of our Care Assistants receive industry leading induction training supported by ongoing professional development.
- Ongoing Support – Regular support is available to you through face-to-face appraisals, feedback, spot checks and team meetings. We’ll make every effort to support those who wish to achieve their Health and Social Care qualifications and all Care Assistants will be encouraged to gain QCF Level 2 in Health and Social Care as a minimum.
- Introducing and Matching – We assign small groups of regular Care Assistants to our Clients to maintain continuity of care. We ensure that all Care Assistants are introduced to their Clients and have a thorough understanding of their Clients’ needs prior to care being delivered.
- Quality Care – Right at Home Tyneside is committed to delivering the highest quality care to our Clients, with longer visit lengths ensuring a dignified and personalised service.
- Scheduling – You will be given sufficient travel time between Client visits, have a standard working pattern wherever possible and receive your weekly rotas well in advance.
- Pay and Conditions – All Right at Home Tyneside Care Assistants are paid well above the National Living Wage and receive additional payments at weekends. We offer long-term, sustainable employment and increased rates of pay to all carers with 12 or more months’ service. You will be initially employed on a Variable Hours agreement and, on successful completion of 6 months’ employment, offered a Minimum Hours contract.
- Communication – We have an open-door policy and will be available as and when you need us; we are always on the other end of the phone. You will be asked to follow the management structure but are able to speak to Karen Henderson (Registered Manager) or David Baxter (Owner), if need be. Our greatest asset are our Carers.