Right at Home Tyneside works regularly with many people who live with some limiting long term illness or disability and who wish to live an independent and fulfilling life with the help of the appropriate support. These people vary from being in full or part-time employment and living in their own property, to full or part-time students living in shared living accommodation or on a university or college campus. Your life, your choice!
Right at Home Tyneside has specialist carers who are specifically trained to focus on your goals and aspirations, employ the safest techniques to give physical assistance and are confident working with a wide range of equipment. Our carers will provide emotional as well as practical support. It may be just a helping hand, or working with a wide range of mobility aids throughout the day.
For people in need of some physical assistance either in the home or in their daily working lives, Right at Home Tyneside is able to help in a number of ways:
- access to work, be it assisting clients in using their own vehicles or proving alternative transport.
- assistance in getting up and dressed, ready for the day ahead.
- assistance with manouevering between bed or chair and wheelchair or general wheelchair assistance
- transport to social events
- assistance to students getting to and from their place of study or in their home.
You may live alone or with a partner; whichever, your chosen personal assistant can accompany you as you go about your daily life. Many of our support workers drive and they can help you with travel as required. They are as involved and as obvious in their role as you want them to be and you remain completely in control at all times.